Casino Games Development Companies in USA
US is one of the most gambling countries in the world, and one of the global hubs of gambling - Las Vegas - is situated in US. Who would have believed that in practice, the situation with free and enjoyable gambling is way more complicated in United States?
In reality, Las Vegas is one of really few offline spots where gambling is legal and officially allowed. The rest of the US enjoy very limited access to casino games, and have to follow very restrictive and confusing rules. The point is, while some laws are supported on the federal level, actual laws and rules applied locally are developed by every state, separately. As a result, each state has its own laws and rules about gambling, and it is necessary to mention that, regardless of their ability to make a clear set of laws, few local authorities take effort to do so.
Talking specifically about land based facilities, very few states allow offline gambling at casinos, let alone playing the slots machines and arcade machines at a bar or club. However, the situation with online gambling is even more complicated and confusing. In theory, online gambling as such is not allowed. However, some states believe it is illegal, other states turn a blind eye to occasional web gambling, and other states still pretend the problem does not exist, and gamblers have to do the guesswork on whether or not they are violating the law.
Therefore, finding the best online casino USA is a tricky business. One would suggest that online casinos run by local companies should probably be allowed. However, this is not that simple.
Leaders in the Niche
It would be funny to suggest that there are no or few casino games developing companies in US, one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Yeah, there are companies, indeed. However, due to unclear and confusing legislation, these companies are practically unable to provide (let alone advertise) their entertainment services to local gamblers, or run their own casino websites accepting users from US.
While this might seem really weird, such situation is casual for gaming development businesses. For example, Australian developers face the same situation - they can operate casinos, but can’t accept Australians. As a result, Australian - and US - casino games developers mostly offer business to business solutions, creating their software for casinos run by other owners, located offshore.
All this makes choosing a reliable casino for US players extremely tricky. If US based gambler would like to play games by a US company, they have to head to an offshore online casino to do so! Luckily, potential gamblers can (and should) use reviewring sites. One of the reliable and unbiased online casino reviewer platforms is Casinority. Casinority provides detailed, objective, and honest reviews on web casinos, and indicates the software providers, among other things. Casinority US-friendly online casinos reviews also assess reliability, safety, and user experience for the customer, because a decent software provider is not enough for positive user experience.
Now, for those who would like to enjoy casino games by US based companies, check out the list of the best known US developers that currently provide their software products to web casinos worldwide:
- NYX Interactive - founded back in 2006, and headquartered in Las Vegas, this company makes classic games like slots, bingo, and lotteries. The customers can also download mobile-compatible versions of the games. Due to local legislation, games by NYX are unavailable to customers from certain countries.
- IGT - this company has two of their offices in Nevada. It was founded in 1990, when the niche only started to develop, and is alive and kicking till today. The main focus of IGT production is slot machines.
- 2by2 Gaming - based in Chicago, it was opened in 2012. Besides making actual games, the company offers services for land based and web casinos, including license issuing, and consulting service.
- Vivo Gaming - Vivo is one of the few leaders in Live Dealer Games worldwide. Located in Florida, US, Vivo provides streaming from its Live Dealer facilities to web platforms globally. Another niche lead by Vivo is sports betting.
- Bally Technologies - one of the oldest companies even in the niche, Bally is currently located in Nevada. It was founded in 1968, and since then, the company creates games for web casinos, as well as develops business decisions for land based casinos.
There is a bunch of smaller companies that make gaming products from US, but these five are the best known on global scale.
The Future of Online Gambling in US
Unfortunately, the legislation on gambling, both offline and online, is unlikely to change in US in the nearest future. This is a long and painful process that needs full reformation of laws on both federal and state level. So, little wonder the government is reluctant to address this issue. Perhaps with the development of technologies, the US will be forced to pay attention to the legal problem in the gaming industry and access to it. Yet, the actual stakes cannot be predicted - instead of legalizing business and gambling entertainments, the government can prohibit access to web casinos at all.