List of active job offers:
Read the recruitment success stories from Codility and Spartez.
Game Tech Engineer at Poki
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a web tech hero and a strong advocate for web games? Then you might be a good fit for our Game Tech Engineer role! We are on a mission to build the ultimate online playground for kids of all ages. Every day, 2 million users and 200+ game developers come together on our web platform to play and create games, leading Poki to become the global leader in web games. To scale and improve our services to our community of game developers, we are looking for a Game Tech Engineer. Are you interested in creating cutting edge web tech and helping out a growing 200+ game developer community? Then read on!
- #1: Solve game tech challenges and set up a technical support workflow for scale. Give day-to-day technical support to our growing 200+ game developer community leveraging the latest web technologies. Whilst giving technical support you’ll identify technical improvements for our developer products and set up a technical support flow for scale. You’ll implement a feedback loop for the organisation, create a knowledge base by gathering game developers feedback, evaluating their technical needs, and communicating these to other teams.
- #2: Reimagine some of the largest game IPs in the world for web. You’ll be advising and consulting some of the biggest game development studios in the world around the creation of their html5 productions for web. You will work closely together with the team to maximise the potential impact of the reimagination.
- #3: Be a web tech evangelist. Grow the understanding of the usage of game tech and cross device compatibility of games on all devices. You will do so by hosting internal and external knowledge sessions, writing blog posts on blog.poki.com and connecting with the community. Also, you’ll instigate conversations with representatives from game engines, browsers and game jams.
- #4: Grow the team and support the community. You’ll be working side by side with your Developer Support manager & Quality assurance colleagues to ensure that games go live on the platform without any errors. Together with the Developer Operations Lead you’ll be looking at ways to further grow the team and support our developer community in the best way possible.
- Have been passionate about game development for 10+ years, and have at least 5 years of professional experience with web game development and web engines
- Have a great understanding of modern-day game engines, build systems and web game technologies, including Canvas, WebGL and Common browser APIs (ex. Full Screen API or the Pointer Lock API). Bonus points if you've worked with WebRTC, Web Workers and Web Push.
- Have a good feeling for devices, operating systems and browsers, and a passion for technical innovation
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy helping others to achieve success: supporting our diverse game developer community from all over the world, with strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Are already based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam. If not, open to relocate.
- A chance to build your career with our fast-growing tech company
- Direct impact on the experience of our community of 200+ game developers
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge/skills through education
- A diverse, talented and self-motivated team (including experienced hackers & entrepreneurs)
- A full-time contract
- A competitive salary and a profit share
- No formal hierarchy and a lot of personal responsibility and freedom
Interested? Check all the details and apply at jobs.poki.com or see other openings.
Node.js Software Developer at eBay
Location: Dreilinden, Germany
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The worldwide eBay marketplace permanently features more than 800 million items from private and commercial sellers. With mobile apps now available in 190+ countries, eBay provides easy access to merchandise from both local resellers and vendors around the world. Through industry-specific shopping worlds such as eBay Fashion and eBay Motors, eBay creates individually tailored shopping experiences for individual categories. Sellers can use eBay to offer their items to consumers around the world through a variety of channels – both online and mobile.
eBay’s DE Product Development team is based in Dreilinden (Berlin) and is part of the global Core Product and Technology team. We enable commerce at scale, and have massive customer impact. Whilst doing all this, we are on a mission to improve eBay technology, drive agile adoption and demonstrate customer-centric development targeted towards our customers in Germany. While focused on local market needs we also contribute to eBay’s global product and technology portfolio. To do this, we improve existing experiences, build or extend core products and experiment with new innovations to make the lives of eBay customers better.
We are continually striving for the highest quality, and work in small focused teams following bits of Scrum, bits of Kanban, with a healthy dose of Extreme Programming (p.s. these aren't buzzwords, we mean it when we say we do this stuff).
Our cross-functional teams have Product Management, all aspects of Product Development (including DevOps and Test), and UX all working together every day. We are collocated with eBay Germany’s business teams and closely interact with our German customers and other eBay teams on a daily basis.
Working at eBay is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
- You will have an expert's depth and breadth of experience in building high availability, scalable applications and RESTful APIs. You will be proficient in teaching and leading by example, and be comfortable mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- We love people with diverse experience who are committed to learning and moving things forward with an obsession for delivering customer value through the craft of software development. Show us your github repo, side projects, and open source repositories that you have contributed to!
- Our developers decide the right tool for the job, so you should be comfortable doing this too. We have a lot fun discussing the merits of different technology and we want you to join and lead these conversations.
- You care about test-driven, clean code, delightful user experiences and all the lovely stuff that's involved with automatically tested, continuously deployed applications. You will enjoy pair programming on pretty much everything.
- Having a desire to expand and master something new while collaborating with others means you're a good fit for us.
- You are highly proficient in English, fluency in German is a strong plus.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humour.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, Australia, the USA and globally.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and brand new office facilities modern, tech-rich office building equipped with 500 devices ready to connect across five continents and 16 countries in Dreilinden, close to Berlin Wannsee.
- An opportunity to build applications which are used by your friends, neighbors and family in addition to millions of people globally.
Interested? Check all the details and apply at jobs.ebayinc.com.
Software Engineer at Microsoft
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Everyday millions of people use Skype to connect with their family, friends and colleagues across the globe. That’s why we know how important is to deliver a reliable and performant product, that they can count on.
We developed an awesome technology that makes it super easy to build apps in a single TypeScript codebase that runs on a multitude of different platforms. If you don’t believe us, join our team and start writing code that powers the new Skype client on Mobile (iOS & Android), Desktop (Windows, MacOS & Linux) and on the Web.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Prague and work on the next generation Skype client. We expect you to stay on top of the newest technologies, explore, try, fail and learn. You will join a team of passionate engineers who are responsible for making sure that you can share anything you want on Skype may it be images, videos, files or your emotions 😊.
- Knowledge of native mobile development (iOS & Android) is a huge advantage
- Will to learn new things
- Strong problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
- You should be able to give and receive honest feedback
What we offer:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Interested? Check all the details and apply at careers.microsoft.com.