You work at a zoo where the animals get to roam free in the fields during the day. But when a storm is coming, you have to bring them back into their pens. You can chase them back or ride them back.
All graphics are emojis.
On desktop: arrow keys to move, space to pick up item / drop item / dismount. Phones: hold to move there, tap yourself to pick up item / drop item / dismount.
Works on iPhone, but not so much on Android because they don't have all the emojis with color built in.
Feedback from the experts
Kevin Whinnery: Hah! This was pretty adorable. You could imagine coming up with some pretty fun "towers of Hanoi" style puzzles where you have to capture the animals in a certain order. Needing to use the octopus to flush out the pig was genius.
- Having the octopus capable of swimming was a great touch. If the game were to be built out further, having different animals capable of different traversal techniques would be great.
- The pig was super frustrating to catch, but it felt appropriate! I could hear the squealing in my mind.
- The visual of riding the different animals was hilarious. Much comedy to be found there when building out this concept.
- Why could I pick up the plants? I didn't discover a purpose for this feature, felt like a red herring.
- The pig was faster than the horse?
- It seemed like the octopus was the only animal which had the traversal upgrade that I loved so much
Abiyasa Suhardi: Good:
- Excellent use of the competition themes!
- Quite a big world to explore
- The use of emoji for all game assets!
- Simple but well-done game mechanics
- Several NPCs with funny dialog
- Each animal has its own ability (e.g swimming) or behavior (e.g walk really fast)
- Good game progress indicator, it's easy to see which animals are missing or have been collected
- Able to pick any items or drop them anywhere. Fun :-)
- Good game mechanics, player movement, love the back riding part!
- Works on iPhone!
Jupiter Hadley: This is such a clever and cute little game! It's really great to play through.