Super Polo Bros.
John HinerPlay the game
Move: Left and right arrow keys
Pick up tablet / throw tablet / flip switches: Ctrl
Switch brothers: Shift
R: Restart current level
Bring Niccolo and Maffeo and the golden tablet safely to the flag in each level.
1. Watch out for Mongol bandits! If a bandit touches one of the brothers who is not holding the golden tablet, you will have to restart the current level.
2. The tablet can depress pressure plates.
3. If your character doesn’t have room to pick up the tablet, your character will kick it.
4. Jump while throwing the tablet to throw it further.
5. Hold jump for higher jumps, tap jump for lower jumps.
In 1266 Marco Polo’s father and uncle, Niccolo and Maffeo Polo, reached the seat of Kublai Khan, the leader of the Mongol Yuan Dynasty, in Dadu (which is now Beijing).
They were asked to bring a letter to the Pope and were given a paiza, a golden tablet that granted them safe passage through the Khan’s lands. They made the journey back west, but were unable to deliver the letter immediately, as the Pope had died and a new one had not yet been elected.
This game is not how their trip went. (For one thing, the paiza was a foot long and 3 inches wide, not the size of Niccolo’s torso). Think of this more like the loosely related NES tie-in game for the historical event.Categories: desktop