a js13games 2019 entry by richard munn
Turfed out of your home for your awful singing, you must explore the Mysterious Caves, defeat the Mysterious Monsters, retrieve the Mysterious Musical Notes and collect the Mysterious Gems so that your songs might become a bit less awful.
A 80s inspired arcade action platformer set over four worlds, with over forty stages of singing-at-beasties-and-jumping-on-their-heads action.
Game saving is enabled for Coil subscribers - the game should continue where you left off if you reload the page.
Cursor keys to move, Space to jump, Left Alt to sing.
Gamepad / touchscreen:
Categories: desktop, mobile, web monetization
DPad to move, right button to jump, left button to sing.
Feedback from the experts
Abiyasa Suhardi: Good:
- A great 2D platformer game. Well implemented game mechanics: jumping or falling through the platform, wall-jump, keys, and the singing.
- Good introduction: gradually introduce features and increase difficulty on each level.
- You can move back to the previous level to explore or re-collect gems. Some levels even require you to go back!
- Perfectly fit with the competition theme!
- Very addictive and trigger my curiosity to explore and solve every level.
- I love the game arts and cute game characters. Cute!
- Good music and sound FX
- Good leveling, some are tricky to solve, and with big bosses battle! I love that you don’t reset the number of enemies if you died on a level.
- I’m amazed you can design and fits many levels in this game 👍
- Gamepad support!
What could be improved:
- The save game progress seems does not feel worth the monetization. Although, as I’ve finished 10+ levels, it’s a pity not to pay and keep the progress 😄
- Since this game supports gamepad, maybe provide a way to click ‘back’ button with the gamepad button. Maybe provide a button to access the game menu. I accidentally click start button which will restart the game.
Lee Reilly: Retrogamers / fantasy console nerd in me had a lot of fun with this one! 🐍♪ ♫ ♬
Yuriy Dybskiy: Awesome game dynamics and great curve of the levels getting more and more complex.
Tiny bug on mobile – left button doesn't seem to work.