Get Jess Back is a very short choose-your-own-adventure-style game. Text is displayed below the pictures (you'll have to swipe up a bit to see it on mobile).
Use the BACK link (not your phone's back button!) to return to previous points in the story and make new choices. RESTART will keep your score, and let you jump all the way back to the beginning.
Coil subscribers get many more branches than non-monetized users. Finding some endings requires being a subscriber.
Categories: desktop, mobile, web monetization
Feedback from the experts
Nathan Lie: A nice little text adventure with plenty of scenarios to find. Plenty of branches diverge and converge in neat ways, and it's easy to navigate and work on finding additional endings. Some sound effects could help spruce up the atmosphere.
Abiyasa Suhardi: Good:
- Nice storytelling with simple & minimalistic visualization but yet very effective! Fits well with the game theme.
- Fits with the competition theme.
- Great for mobile! Looks good on mobile screen with large font. Short paragraphs, good bite-size for player with short attention span.
- The back button, allow the player to explore multiple endings.
- Smooth transition effect between pages.
- The game arts are amazing! Even more amazing that you draw the vector art on canvas programmatically. Great job 👍👍 Note: I was wondering if you have explored SVG instead of canvas to draw the pseudo-vector art.
What could be improved:
- You can only click on the text part of the action buttons. Clicking the empty part will not trigger the click, could be a problem on mobile. Maybe you could make the click area larger, covering the whole button.
Lee Reilly: Zombies _and_ CYOA?!? Sold! Nice experience in my browser and on my phone 🧟♂️📚📱