Life is struggle, you have to overcome the challenge again and again.
Death does not stop you from moving forward but gives up can. Keep trying because you are Trevasor.
Make good use of the ability time-backtracking to pass the level and struggle in the whole game.
↑↓←→ to move
'x' to shoot
'z' to backtracking
Feedback from the experts
Abiyasa Suhardi: Good:
- Good working platformer game.
- Time-backtracking works quite well, even the music played backward.
- Fits with the competition theme.
- Implement sounds & music!
- Simple but yet effective game introduction/instruction. I like the floating text on top of the hero, telling the keyboard for moving or shooting.
What could be improved:
- The jumping physics feels a little bit too bouncy.
- Sometimes there is a bug with the collision detection where the hero suddenly went from the screen when you hit the big monster.
Lee Reilly: The backtracking mechanic was a great idea - got me out of a few obviously impossible spots! Also like how it transitioned from a platformer to button-masher with the end of level boss and purple monsters! 🦖👾